Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Favorite Chicken Salad (with grapes!)

There is a lovely little French restaurant near my parents' house. On occasion, when I felt like splurging, I would purchase a 1/4 pound of their fabulous chicken salad for about $6. That chicken salad spoiled me-- I haven't been able to find anything better, and until recently I never tried to recreate it.
But, there is hope. For my wedding I received How to Cook Everything, which is in my humble opinion the BEST covers-all-the-basics cookbook ever. And I've been attempting recipes I was too intimidated to try before. One evening (yes, I admit to being a late night cooker ;) I decided I WOULD make a good chicken salad.

And, I think I did. Let me know whatcha think.



INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 cooked chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 or 2 stalks celery, chopped- about 3/4 cup
  • 2 onions, finely chopped
  • 1/2 c seedless grapes, cut up
  • pecans (if you want nuts)
  • 3/4 c mayonnaise
  • 3 T cole slaw dressing (click the link to see my favorite homemade recipe)
  • 1 teaspoon each- paprika and seasoning salt
  • pinch ground pepper
DIRECTIONS:

Mix. (Not too hard, huh?) Serve on lettuce, in avocado slices, on toasted bread, french bread, pita, crackers, croissants, whatever :)

So there ya have it, simple simple simple. And even yummier. Shalom~

0 comments:

Post a Comment