Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mark-A-Roni & Cheese recipe

I have recently been digging out some of my favorite recipes to make up our family's menu for the next few weeks. There are some great ones in my box-some from my grandparents that are over 40 years old. The one below is newer. In fact, it is my brother, Mark's, creation. It was such a hit, it was adopted {and printed so cutely} at his school, Penland, to share with visitors and students. It is one of the favorites at our house as well.



In case you cannot read the above recipe, here it is in plain text:

INGREDIENTS:

~1 lb macaroni pasta

~16 oz container of sour cream

~16 oz container of cottage cheese

~2 cups grated sharp cheddar

~1 1/2 cups grated parmesan

~1 tube Ritz crackers

~3/4 stick of
melted butter

Other Options:

**I'm skipping the nonkosher meat ideas**
diced tomatoes or spinach

INSTRUCTIONS:

~Preheat the oven to 350.

~Boil water and salt to taste.

~Cook pasta until al dente (slightly firm).

~Combine with cheeses, sour cream and cottage cheese, saving 1/2 cup of parmesan for topping.
~Add salt and pepper to taste.
~If dry, add more
sour cream.
~Pour into a casserole dish, and flatten with a spatula.

~Crush the tube of Ritz crackers and combine with parmesan and butter.
~Spread over the top.

~Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.


ENJOY! And let me know if you make it how it turns out.

I will leave you with a picture of my brother and me. Hopefully it makes you smile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment